Saturday 22 May 2010

ODIO


“It is better to be unfaithful than to be faithful without wanting to be.” – Brigitte Bardot

For Music Saturday today a Neapolitan song sung by Gigi Finizio. It has all the characteristics of an Italian song from Naples, including lush melody, rhythm and emotional lyrics, all brought together by the inimitable voice of Gigi.

The song is called “Odio” (“Hate” or “I Hate”) and is the passionate cry of a lover whose love has betrayed him and who now sleeps with another man.

I try to distract myself
So as not to think
Of this childish game
For three…

I hate you,
I hate him,
I hate all things
And this life…

1 comment:

  1. What a passionate song, Nic! I enjoyed it very much and through the summary lyrics that you give, I can fill in the gaps and get whole story. I really liked this singer's voice too.

    ReplyDelete