A place for reflection and introspection, communication and thoughtful conversation.
Friday, 23 September 2011
FOOD FRIDAY - SPINACH LASAGNE
“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.” - George E. Moore
I am finally back home after a delayed flight back to Melbourne and a considerable delay in getting the baggage off plane. It made for a long and tiring day, especially after the four very full days that I away in Brisbane for work. Being Food Friday, here is a recipe for lasagne, seeing how we had this for lunch at our workshop (meant I did not need any dinner at all!):
• Trim white stalks from spinach and discard, then rinse leaves thoroughly.
• Place wet spinach in a large saucepan with chopped mushrooms, cover and cook on high for ten minutes or until tender. Drain, lightly squeeze and set aside.
• Saute garlic and onion in oil until transparent, stir through spinach and mushroom mixture with nutmeg.
• Mix together cheeses, milk and pepper and combine with tomato pieces, oregano and tomato paste.
• To assemble, line a lightly buttered casserole dish with one slice of Mountain Bread and brush the bread with melted butter. Layer with one third of the tomato, one third of spinach and one third of cheese. Top with buttered Mountain Bread, and repeat twice, finishing with a layer of bread. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 180˚C for 30-40 minutes.
• Serve with green garden salad
I have been blogging daily on this platform for several years now. It is surprising that I have persisted as the world is changing and "microblogging" is now the norm. I blog to amuse myself, make comment on current affairs, externalise some of my creativity, keep notes on things that interest me, learn something new and to surprise myself with things that I discover about this wonderful, and sometimes crazy, world we live in.
I sometimes get the impression that I am on a soapbox delivering a monologue, so your comments are welcome.