Saturday 31 March 2012

MOMENTS OF PEACE


“We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.” - Lucretius
A quarter of the year is already over! How time flies and how our lives seem to rush, like the station lights seen from a speeding express train as it flits by in the underground. The city never sleeps and the cars never stop, more of them every day, every night. Clock hands flit around the dial as though they are on fast forward.

Time to sit back and spend some time slowing down and seeking serenity this Saturday night… Here is a wonderful song from the great Italian singer-songwriter, Franco Battiato. It is his “Ombra Della Luce” (The Shadow of Light).

Rescue me from opposing forces,
At night in my sleep when I’m not aware,
When my path is uncertain,
And never leave me,
Never let me down…

This post is part of the Saturday Sareenity meme.

1 comment:

  1. We just might be angels with no halo and one wing in the fire as the song says. :-)

    ReplyDelete