Wednesday 3 March 2010

POSTCARD FROM SYDNEY


“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” - Lao Tzu

I am in Sydney for two days attending a staff development seminar, which is proving to be very interesting, although the hours are long and there is much to get through. The weather in Sydney has been very changeable but it was good to get out during the breaks and in the evening and enjoy the sun. Then night came and the lights of the city lit up like a million diamonds in a jewel box…

The City


The city smiles at me tonight
And I watch her, silent, fascinated, my eyes full
Of her beauty.

Lights shine like diamond brooches
The air pure, violet, perfumed, feminine,
Desires a kiss.

My thoughts fly like swallows in the sky,
My desires chained to your distant face; if only you were here,
Beside me!

The night, tonight is a silken ladder, like your hair,
The moon, almost full, blond, sweet lovable, gives me only
A distant smile.

Jacqui BB hosts Poetry Wednesday

1 comment: