Saturday 11 August 2012

SONG SATURDAY - CHRISTIANNA

“We don’t have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here.” - Susan Taylor

A Saturday in Winter. Rain and a gray day. Memories of sun and a trip back in time, to a place far away.

Here is a Greek singer called Christianna who was popular in the 1970s. It is called “I Wear your Shadow as a Dress”.


I Wear your Shadow as a Dress

In the heat of mid-noon,
A naked little seashell,
I lean into the young man’s embrace
Whose lips are as if they’re painted.

I wear your shadow as a dress
In the hot south wind, in the cool zephyr,
And my body shakes
Like a water lily in the water.

The stone thirsts for water
And flesh yearns for a caress,
You become the rich warp
And I’ll become the weft around you.

I wear your shadow as a dress
In the hot south wind, in the cool zephyr,
And my body shakes
Like a water lily in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment