Tuesday 20 November 2007

DILEMMA...


I am in quite a quandary. The road ahead of me has split in two and I must choose one or the other way. The path I have travelled until now has been well-defined, though rocky in parts, sometimes precipitous, often winding – however, it follows a well defined course and the goal is somewhere up ahead, discernible and eventually attainable. The new path that has presented itself looks well paved, and straight, but mist hides its end. What lies at the end of this new path is anyone’s guess. It could be a paradise or a precipice.

One road is known, safe, albeit arduous but promising a goal that is adequate and well-thought of. The other, newer road mystifying, new, uncertain, fascinating…

Being on the horns of a dilemma is not a comfortable position to be on, and either choice at this stage looks equally attractive and unattractive. The new path has the mystique of novelty and the mystery of an obscured goal that could well be the best thing that could eventuate. The old path is dependable, maybe boring, often difficult, but with the end clearly in sight. Either choice may make the one not taken infinitely more attractive. Have you ever been in this situation?

Sleep brings good counsel, they say, and I don’t have to decide until next week. I shall have to ruminate upon the matter and analyse it all fully. Then the best decision will be made according to the facts that I have at hand. Being no gambler, methinks I can see where my choice lies…

No comments:

Post a Comment