Saturday 21 June 2008

WINTER SOLSTICE


“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” - Albert Camus

It is Winter Solstice today in the Southern hemisphere and suitably the day has been grey and gloomy, wet and cold. The shortest day of the year has been and gone and now for the longest night. From tomorrow, the days begin to lengthen although most of winter is still ahead of us.

For Song Saturday, a piano piece by Michele McLaughlin called Winter Solstice. Here is what the composer has to say about the piece:

“From my concert with Jennifer Thomas on November 24, 2007. The song, Winter Solstice l, is from my holiday album, Christmas - Plain & Simple. Learn more about me and my music at http://www.michelemclaughlin.com. Thank you!”


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment