Wednesday 8 April 2009

POETRY WEDNESDAY


“If I know what love is, it is because of you.” - Hermann Hesse

I was up in Brisbane for the day today and it was quite a day! Worked non-stop for the duration of the trip and even more. There were a couple of important meetings to attend and some people at the ministry to see. All went well, so quite a successful trip.

This poem was written several years ago and was first written in Greek. Here is the English version.

My Gifts

Look at my outstretched open hand,
There is a red, red rose in it;
It is my heart, take it.

Look inside my clenched fist, hiding
Two diamonds, precious sparkling;
They are my glance, take it.

Look at your feet, what I lay down,
A green bough, fresh fragrant;
It is my body, take it.

Look once more in your deserted cage,
There is a white dove imprisoned there now;
It is my soul, take it.

And just when you thought I had nothing more to give,
My tears, yield like a salt water fount, love.
It’s love, take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment